U.S. Judge calls FBI reckless
The Associated Press reported Monday that a federal judge had thrown out evidence compiled against four men charged with laundering more than $60 million through their chain grocery stores located in the U.S. Virgin Islands. The judge also said in his ruling that FBI agents acted in a "reckless disregard for the truth."
In his ruling, the Judge had found that the FBI had improperly obtained its search warrant. He further stated that the FBI agents, who made claims to having seen suspicious tax records from the men, had admitted that they had only seen a computer printout of the records, and failed to thoroughly verify the evidence with the U.S. Caribbean territory's Internal Revenue Bureau.
Azekah Jennings, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney’s Office, declined to comment on the ruling.
In September 2003, the four men were indicted on charges that they had evaded over $60 million in taxes from their chain of Plaza Extra grocery stores through 1996 to 2001. Other charges included money laundering, and then smuggling cash to bank accounts located in Amman, Jordan, and on the Caribbean island of St. Martin.
The FBI agents initially said the men had claimed to earning $270,000 in 1998. According to an order that was issued June 16, a review of the original tax records showed the men had reported making more than $39 million.
The attorney representing the four men, Pamela Colon, said "It is our hope that the government will come to its senses, that they will stop harassing these people just because they are Arabs and Muslims."
The men will face having to serve prison sentences ranging from 20 to 93 years if they are convicted.
Colon said the evidence that the Judge threw out included more than 100,000 documents, and that this was the backbone of the government's case against Fathi Yusuf, brothers Waleed Hamed and Waheed Hamed, and Yusuf's son, Maher.
U.S. Attorney's Office spokesman Jennings denied that the case was being prosecuted because of the four men's ethnic or religious backgrounds.
ASSET PROTECTION INFORMATION
- Asset Protection Terrorist Lists
- FAQs Probate
- Asset Protection Incorporate Offshore
- Asset Protection Tax Scams
- Asset Protection Offshore Insurance Fraud
- Asset Protection Title Scam
- Limited Partnerships
- Being A Limited Partner
- Asset Protection Admin Subpoenas
- Self Settled Asset Protection Trusts
- Wyly Case
- Asset Protection Living Wills
- Asset Protection Banking Information
- Family Limited Partnerships For Estate Planning
- Asset Protection Non Tax Estate Planning
- Home Protection
- Sweden Capitalism Or Socialism
- Asset Protection Tax Shelter Crack Down
- Asset Protection Information
- Asset Protection Congress
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust
- Asset Protection Facts
- C Corporations
- Preventing Lawsuits
- Case Study Community Spouse
- Asset Protection Trouble In Belize
- Inheritance Trusts
- Asset Protection Tax Scam Warning
- Asset Protection Nevada Corporations
- Asset Protection Llawsuits Cost Jobs
- Asset Protection Swiss Annuities
- Asset Protection Antigua And Barbuda
- Asset Protection Living Trust Scams
- ASSET PROTECTION MONEY LAUNDERING CASE
- Asset Protection LLCs
- Asset Protection Tax Shelters 3
- Asset Protection Strategy
- Debt Consolidation
- Asset Protection Trust Services
- Asset Protection Tax Fraud Conviction
- OVERVIEW Seminar
- Asset Protection John Galt
- LLCs And S Corps
- Asset Protection
- Asset Protection Nevada Corporation
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Asset Protection Ponzi Schemes
- Asset Protection Business Risks
- Fraudulent Conveyance
- Asset Sign Up
- Asset Protection Courses
- Asset Protection Who Needs LLC
- Wyly Offshore Operations
- Banking Records
- Comparing Mutual Funds To Cash Value Life Insurance
- Anderson Case
- Wills Versus Trusts
- Asset Protection Tort Reform
- Asset Protection Uk Offshore Bank Probe
- Asset Protection Revocable Trusts And Probate
- Asset Protection Tax Shelters
- Asset Protection Tax Fraud
- Nevis LLC
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust
- Anderson Case Expert Comments
- Asset Protection Lllc Disolution
- Asset Protection Tax Evader
- Asset Protection Aegis Fund Value
- Asset Protection Annual Stella Awards
- Characteristics Of Effective Asset Protection
- Hiding Assets
- Asset Protection Aml Software
- Panamanian Foundations
- Probate And Revocable Trusts
- Asset Protection Uk Haven Crack Down
- LLC Operating Agreements
- TrustMakers Forms Center
- TrustMakers Site Map
Learn more about protecting your assets with these articles:
If you are looking for the most important concepts in Asset Protection, this is where to start! If you need to talk intelligently about protecting your net worth or you are a professional this online training program is for you!
Get our Free Online Asset Protection Video Course.
Learn how to protect yourself like the pros!
Clear, concise and straight forward, this e-Book will help you make sound decisions with your business and personal assets..
This e-course will give you straight forward asset protection advice you can implement now. One of the best asset protection courses available! Includes 70+ video lessons, 3 Ebooks, and 6 example legal documents!
The key to a solid Asset Protection Plan is the Estate Plan. This downloadable estate organizer will help you keep track of important information about your assets and important legal documents all in one place.