Sweden - Capitalism or Socialism
This probably won't come as a shock anyone who is wealthy (or is working towards acquiring wealth): Socialism doesnít work. The so-called ideal for a "worker's paradise" didnít work in the former Soviet Union or its satellites in Eastern Europe, it doesnít work in Red China (which is probably why it's opening up free trade zones and encouraging free enterprise), and it certainly isnít working in the last two Marxist states, North Korea and Cuba. In the former, people starve to death while the government builds missiles, while in the latter there is a constant amount of shortages in everything, from food to energy.
Socialism hasn't worked in the U.S. either. The "New Deal" started by FDR didn't get America out of the depression, World War II did. And, almost daily, we hear about icon of the New Deal, Social Security, becoming bankrupt in 20 years (of course, what would anyone expect of a Ponzi scheme like this?) Another example of the failure of social-welfare programs would be the so-called "Great Society" initiated by President Lyndon Johnson. It has been estimated that over 3 TRILLION dollars were spent on the "War on Poverty" . And yet, the War on Poverty failed because it didn't eradicat poverty, let alone "lift" people out of the poverty level. All it ever did was make them dependent on government entitlements.
However, there are intellectuals in the U.S. insisting that socialism will work just fine. All it needs. is a little "tweaking.". And others will cite one country as an example of the perfect "cradle-to-grave" welfare model: The country of Sweden..
It is true that, on the surface, Sweden seems to be the perfect welfare state. But, it comes at a price.
Earned income in Sweden attracts a local income tax of between 26 and 35 per cent, followed by the national income tax of between 20 and 25 per cent.
There is a 30 percent tax on ny income from savings. There is a 25 percent Value Added Tax (VAT) . There is even a 6 percent VAT on books and newspapers!
There are close to 16 excise duties along with "sin" taxes on alcohol and tobacco. If you took all of this into account, the ratio of total taxes to GDP is just over 54 per cent!
But that's not all! Along with having to pay income taxes, the Swedes also have to pay a motor-vehicle tax, road-user charges, fertilizer tax, gift tax, waste tax, nuclear-power tax, lottery tax, advertising tax, taxes on most life assurance premiums,and a real-estate tax. Last but not least, there is a wealth tax. Of course, this is assuming that an individual has any disposable income left after all the other taxes. But, astonishing enough, last year nearly 300,000 Swedes were liable for this tax!
There isnít any doubt that Sweden knows how to tax. And, because of the high taxes, there is an "underground economy" growing in Sweden. An American tourist visiting Sweden recently commented on this. He related that a number Swedes ferret away large amounts of currency in safes, under floorboards, etc. When asked why they did this, the reply was that, if they deposited the money in the bank, the government would know and tax it accordingly.
To counter these facts, those favoring socialism often point out that, because of these taxes, Sweden has a wonderful health and welfare system. This could be true but, despite this, or perhaps because of it, more Swedes phone in sick than in any other country in Europe.
The other side to the coin is that Sweden has a higher number of divorces, alcoholism, drug addiction, unemployment and suicide in comparison to the rest of Europe.
ASSET PROTECTION INFORMATION
- Asset Protection Terrorist Lists
- FAQs Probate
- Asset Protection Incorporate Offshore
- Asset Protection Tax Scams
- Asset Protection Offshore Insurance Fraud
- Asset Protection Title Scam
- Limited Partnerships
- Being A Limited Partner
- Asset Protection Admin Subpoenas
- Self Settled Asset Protection Trusts
- Wyly Case
- Asset Protection Living Wills
- Asset Protection Banking Information
- Family Limited Partnerships For Estate Planning
- Asset Protection Non Tax Estate Planning
- Home Protection
- SWEDEN CAPITALISM OR SOCIALISM
- Asset Protection Tax Shelter Crack Down
- Asset Protection Information
- Asset Protection Congress
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust
- Asset Protection Facts
- C Corporations
- Preventing Lawsuits
- Case Study Community Spouse
- Asset Protection Trouble In Belize
- Inheritance Trusts
- Asset Protection Tax Scam Warning
- Asset Protection Nevada Corporations
- Asset Protection Llawsuits Cost Jobs
- Asset Protection Swiss Annuities
- Asset Protection Antigua And Barbuda
- Asset Protection Living Trust Scams
- Asset Protection Money Laundering Case
- Asset Protection LLCs
- Asset Protection Tax Shelters 3
- Asset Protection Strategy
- Debt Consolidation
- Asset Protection Trust Services
- Asset Protection Tax Fraud Conviction
- OVERVIEW Seminar
- Asset Protection John Galt
- LLCs And S Corps
- Asset Protection
- Asset Protection Nevada Corporation
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Asset Protection Ponzi Schemes
- Asset Protection Business Risks
- Fraudulent Conveyance
- Asset Sign Up
- Asset Protection Courses
- Asset Protection Who Needs LLC
- Wyly Offshore Operations
- Banking Records
- Comparing Mutual Funds To Cash Value Life Insurance
- Anderson Case
- Wills Versus Trusts
- Asset Protection Tort Reform
- Asset Protection Uk Offshore Bank Probe
- Asset Protection Revocable Trusts And Probate
- Asset Protection Tax Shelters
- Asset Protection Tax Fraud
- Nevis LLC
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust
- Anderson Case Expert Comments
- Asset Protection Lllc Disolution
- Asset Protection Tax Evader
- Asset Protection Aegis Fund Value
- Asset Protection Annual Stella Awards
- Characteristics Of Effective Asset Protection
- Hiding Assets
- Asset Protection Aml Software
- Panamanian Foundations
- Probate And Revocable Trusts
- Asset Protection Uk Haven Crack Down
- LLC Operating Agreements
- TrustMakers Forms Center
- TrustMakers Site Map
Learn more about protecting your assets with these articles:
If you are looking for the most important concepts in Asset Protection, this is where to start! If you need to talk intelligently about protecting your net worth or you are a professional this online training program is for you!
Get our Free Online Asset Protection Video Course.
Learn how to protect yourself like the pros!
Clear, concise and straight forward, this e-Book will help you make sound decisions with your business and personal assets..
This e-course will give you straight forward asset protection advice you can implement now. One of the best asset protection courses available! Includes 70+ video lessons, 3 Ebooks, and 6 example legal documents!
The key to a solid Asset Protection Plan is the Estate Plan. This downloadable estate organizer will help you keep track of important information about your assets and important legal documents all in one place.