Offshore, Pensions and Taxes
Question: What is a 401-K plan?
Answer: In the US , pension legislation allows deferral of tax on pension contributions through a number of methods, of which (section) 401-k is the most widely used.
An individual with a 401-k plan can use the assets it contains to make approved investments into mutual funds and other types of asset.
Question: What is an MRD – Minimum Required Distribution?
Answer: In the US , a pension fund that has benefited from a tax-deferral must be paid out after a certain age as an income flow, which is then taxable. The rules for calculating the Minimum Required Distribution (permitting the rest of the fund to remain tax-exempt) are complex and depend on the life expectancy of you and your spouse.
Question: What are offshore pensions investment?
Answer: Offshore pensions are based on secure, tax-efficient funds that can be distributed when and where you want it in the future as opposed to onshore pensions that are generally bundles of insurable benefits with payments and disbursements based on certain qualifications such as death and disability.
Another way to achieve pension goals is to buy deferred annuities; however, the rate of return is generally unattractive, though it is considered very secure. To the average offshore investor this is likely to be considered undesirable.
Question: What is an annuity?
Answer: An annuity is a series of annual (or monthly) payments offered by an insurance company in exchange for payment of a capital sum. A deferred annuity commences on a pre-determined date in the future, but the rate at which it is purchased is determined at the beginning of the contract. Therefore, a lump sum can be applied during a person's working life to purchase a fixed annuity on retirement at whatever is the movement in interest rates in the meantime.
Question: What are defined-benefit and defined-contribution plans?
Answer: A defined-benefit pension plan is one in which the levels of benefit (pension, death benefit etc) are defined in advance.
Question: Can I transfer my pension plan offshore?
Answer: It depends on where you live, the type of plan you have, where you plan to invest and what is available. You need specialized professional advice to investigate this.
In many cases the answer will be yes, but you will pay at least the basic rate of income tax on the transfer. Even this may be advantageous depending on your present and future circumstances. If you are planning to live offshore, it is well worth looking hard at the possibilities for transferring your pension plan.
OFFSHORE ASSET PROTECTION
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Italy
- Offshore Cayman Islands
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Ecuador
- Asset Protection Nsa Spying
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries France
- OFFSHORE PENSIONS AND TAXES
- IRS Abusive Trusts
- Panama Region
- Tax Avoidance Vehicles
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Honduras
- Asset Protection Guernsey Taxes
- Asset Protection Panama Foundations
- Asset Protection Identity Theft
- Offshore And Alternative Investments
- Offhshore Banking Privacy
- Asset Protection Privacy
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust
- Bahamas Information
- Asset Protection Expatriation
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Panama1
- Asset Protection Taxing Expats
- Asset Protection Taxing Foreign Stock
- Asset Protection Flat Tax For Puerto Rico
- Asset Protection Location Of Your Company
- Asset Protection Caribbean Tax Havens
- Asset Protection Renunciation
- Asset Protection Offshore Definition
- Asset Protection Panama
- Family Limited Partnerships Tax
- Boats Asset Protection
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Ireland
- Taxation Foreign Corporations
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Mexico
- Asset Protection Offshore Liechtenstein
- Private Annuity Ruling Irs
- Asset Protection Hong Kong
- Assetprotection Trusts
- Asset Protection Faq
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust
- Panama Canal Zone
- Asset Protection Laundering
- Going Offshore
- Offshore Asset Protection
- Dynasty Trust The Basics
- Offshore Asset Protection Planning
- Secret Bank Accounts
- Asset Protection Police
- Asset Protection Guernsey
- Asset Protection Second Passport
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Nicaragua
- Asset Protection Scam Trusts
- Nevis Offshore Financial Center
- Asset Protection Using Offshore Trusts
- Probate And Revocable Trusts
- Asset Protection Lawsuit Prevention
- Poetic Injustice In The Pearl River Delta
- Offshore Financial Centers Ireland
- Panama Comfort Zone
- Isle Of Man No Tax Zone
- TrustMakers Forms Center
- TrustMakers Site Map
Learn more about protecting your assets with these articles:
If you are looking for the most important concepts in Asset Protection, this is where to start! If you need to talk intelligently about protecting your net worth or you are a professional this online training program is for you!
Get our Free Online Asset Protection Video Course.
Learn how to protect yourself like the pros!
Clear, concise and straight forward, this e-Book will help you make sound decisions with your business and personal assets..
This e-course will give you straight forward asset protection advice you can implement now. One of the best asset protection courses available! Includes 70+ video lessons, 3 Ebooks, and 6 example legal documents!
The key to a solid Asset Protection Plan is the Estate Plan. This downloadable estate organizer will help you keep track of important information about your assets and important legal documents all in one place.