Offshore and Alternative Investments
Now is the time to investigate your options!
It is easy to say what an “ alternative investment ” is not. It is not a CD in a bank account accruing 3% interest, or buying shares of a certain stock and it is not something for only the “uber” wealthy. Offshore investments and the buzz of the advantages have hit onshore and the even the mainstream investor is poking around to find the best alternatives.
In G8 countries, regulatory structures, such as government, dictate the opportunities available to a resident. Financial intermediaries often manage these alternative investments and this creates a fear among many investors. Therefore, the stock exchange becomes the investment of choice and the attitude that a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush certainly has merit.
However, with education and research these intimidating fears about alternative banking and investments can be dealt with in a reasonable and diligent manner. The investment options tend to narrow themselves to local stock markets, funds that conform to tight investment guidelines, and the savings products of high street financial institutions. When one presents the argument about why these alternative offshore investments are not represented by major firms, the answer is that these alternatives cannot be marketed by regulation in higher tax countries.
There is no need to have an elitist attitude, the due diligence can be performed and referrals can be had. This is all part of the process that has broadened the choices for the sophisticated investor.
As much as we fear the new world economy and the restrictions caused by terrorism, never has there been more options for decreasing a person's tax base, protecting a person or companies assets and investing in alternative offshore markets. Various processes have tended to broaden the range of accessible investment options during this decade.
In most countries, the drop in the value of the dollar has encouraged a more competitive atmosphere.
In Europe in particular, the growth of the EU single market has forcibly demolished exchange and capital controls, and increased the level of competition in financial products.
Due to technology and communication, financial sophistication on the part of investors and their financial advisors has increased.
Finally, and most importantly, the Internet has provided financial institutions with the ability to offer their products directly to retail customers, bypassing geographical restrictions for the most part.
Alongside this increase in accessibility, there has been a parallel increase in diversity, particularly in investment or mutual funds. Twenty or thirty years ago, funds were little more than staid ways of investing in local stock markets without the hassle of going through a grand (and expensive) stockbroker. While such funds still exist, they are out done, particularly for 'alternative' investors, by a vast array of fund instruments based on property, emerging markets, derivatives, bonds, media earnings and just about anything you can name, there is a fund for.
Ownership techniques have blossomed along with the instruments themselves. There is now a very wide choice of jurisdiction, of structures within jurisdictions, and of regulatory frameworks to suit all purposes.
All this diversity gives choice, but none more important than to choose the right advisor, practitioner and attorney. We welcome you call at TrustMakers for a free consultation about alternatives for your investing and asset protection.
OFFSHORE ASSET PROTECTION
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Italy
- Offshore Cayman Islands
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Ecuador
- Asset Protection Nsa Spying
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries France
- Offshore Pensions And Taxes
- IRS Abusive Trusts
- Panama Region
- Tax Avoidance Vehicles
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Honduras
- Asset Protection Guernsey Taxes
- Asset Protection Panama Foundations
- Asset Protection Identity Theft
- OFFSHORE AND ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENTS
- Offhshore Banking Privacy
- Asset Protection Privacy
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust
- Bahamas Information
- Asset Protection Expatriation
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Panama1
- Asset Protection Taxing Expats
- Asset Protection Taxing Foreign Stock
- Asset Protection Flat Tax For Puerto Rico
- Asset Protection Location Of Your Company
- Asset Protection Caribbean Tax Havens
- Asset Protection Renunciation
- Asset Protection Offshore Definition
- Asset Protection Panama
- Family Limited Partnerships Tax
- Boats Asset Protection
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Ireland
- Taxation Foreign Corporations
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Mexico
- Asset Protection Offshore Liechtenstein
- Private Annuity Ruling Irs
- Asset Protection Hong Kong
- Assetprotection Trusts
- Asset Protection Faq
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust
- Panama Canal Zone
- Asset Protection Laundering
- Going Offshore
- Offshore Asset Protection
- Dynasty Trust The Basics
- Offshore Asset Protection Planning
- Secret Bank Accounts
- Asset Protection Police
- Asset Protection Guernsey
- Asset Protection Second Passport
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Nicaragua
- Asset Protection Scam Trusts
- Nevis Offshore Financial Center
- Asset Protection Using Offshore Trusts
- Probate And Revocable Trusts
- Asset Protection Lawsuit Prevention
- Poetic Injustice In The Pearl River Delta
- Offshore Financial Centers Ireland
- Panama Comfort Zone
- Isle Of Man No Tax Zone
- TrustMakers Forms Center
- TrustMakers Site Map
Learn more about protecting your assets with these articles:
If you are looking for the most important concepts in Asset Protection, this is where to start! If you need to talk intelligently about protecting your net worth or you are a professional this online training program is for you!
Get our Free Online Asset Protection Video Course.
Learn how to protect yourself like the pros!
Clear, concise and straight forward, this e-Book will help you make sound decisions with your business and personal assets..
This e-course will give you straight forward asset protection advice you can implement now. One of the best asset protection courses available! Includes 70+ video lessons, 3 Ebooks, and 6 example legal documents!
The key to a solid Asset Protection Plan is the Estate Plan. This downloadable estate organizer will help you keep track of important information about your assets and important legal documents all in one place.