The definition of offshore is any foreign place in comparison to where someone now resides and does business. This is not a legal term or a division of law; it is a referral to a jurisdiction other than someone’s residence. Technically, the word has nothing to do with tax either, although it is often confused.
Offshore business, investing and banking should not be confused with the term “tax havens.” For centuries in history across the world, countless places have been presented as jurisdictions who enable people to hide money to avoid taxes. Today, this is all documentary material, secret accounts, Swiss number-only accounts, gold bouillon storage in vaults and secret currency exchanges; this is the history (or crime). Not much needs to be said to say that history has changed the course of the global economy.
The objective is to provide a better-quality environment that is the most favorable to the principle. This means Return on Investment (ROI), tax incentives, privacy and nondisclosure, asset protection, business protection, security and cash flow; this is what an Offshore Financial Center (OFC) is all about. The principle, investor, businessman/woman and family estate of today need access to what the global economy has to offer while maintaining security and privacy.
It is a fact that offshore jurisdictions provide greater security and privacy than their domestic financial counterparts. An asset haven is a country or jurisdiction that has adopted special laws and has a judicial system that guarantees strong protection for assets, along with a high degree of financial privacy. The same jurisdiction can be both a tax and asset haven, and most usually do combine both functions.
There are numerous profitable investments offshore. This is why it takes trained and educated professionals, as lawyers and as practitioners to figure out the best strategies and returns for their clients. Common misconceptions are that you must be a millionaire to take advantage of the Offshore Financial Centers or that you have to move your assets. Neither of these are true, and in fact, a majority of people use offshore planning and trusts to begin their estates and to preserve their wealth.
Some countries offer benefits and protections beyond others with regard to their legal systems that are focused toward protection. However, most important is that the agreements and deeds are constructed to properly protect all the principle investments, portfolios, assets and interest. Their laws attract
A few countries have it figured out. What they did was set up a legal system which made them stand out as areas that attract money, thereby making them attractive to foreign nationals and foreign cash. These specific jurisdictions have laws that guarantee privacy, asset protection, ease of doing business and profitable investments, with little or no local taxes.
The World Bank estimates that more than half the world's personal wealth, estimated to be $50 trillion, is deposited in 60 asset and tax centers worldwide. These offshore centers are quite ingenious. Their laws are less restrictive and they value financial privacy. In fact, in many of these jurisdictions it is a felony to disclose anyone's financial information. Additionally, the court procedures are stable, predictable and the judges will block any quick and easy enforcement of foreign judgments.
The moral of the story is this; if you work for a living, own a home, have a pension and some savings, though you may not feel you net worth is enough, you owe it to yourself to investigate if there are better options for preserving your wealth and building your estate.
OFFSHORE ASSET PROTECTION
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Italy
- Offshore Cayman Islands
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Ecuador
- Asset Protection Nsa Spying
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries France
- Offshore Pensions And Taxes
- IRS Abusive Trusts
- Panama Region
- Tax Avoidance Vehicles
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Honduras
- Asset Protection Guernsey Taxes
- Asset Protection Panama Foundations
- Asset Protection Identity Theft
- Offshore And Alternative Investments
- Offhshore Banking Privacy
- Asset Protection Privacy
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust
- Bahamas Information
- Asset Protection Expatriation
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Panama1
- Asset Protection Taxing Expats
- Asset Protection Taxing Foreign Stock
- Asset Protection Flat Tax For Puerto Rico
- Asset Protection Location Of Your Company
- Asset Protection Caribbean Tax Havens
- Asset Protection Renunciation
- ASSET PROTECTION OFFSHORE DEFINITION
- Asset Protection Panama
- Family Limited Partnerships Tax
- Boats Asset Protection
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Ireland
- Taxation Foreign Corporations
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Mexico
- Asset Protection Offshore Liechtenstein
- Private Annuity Ruling Irs
- Asset Protection Hong Kong
- Assetprotection Trusts
- Asset Protection Faq
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust
- Panama Canal Zone
- Asset Protection Laundering
- Going Offshore
- Offshore Asset Protection
- Dynasty Trust The Basics
- Offshore Asset Protection Planning
- Secret Bank Accounts
- Asset Protection Police
- Asset Protection Guernsey
- Asset Protection Second Passport
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Nicaragua
- Asset Protection Scam Trusts
- Nevis Offshore Financial Center
- Asset Protection Using Offshore Trusts
- Probate And Revocable Trusts
- Asset Protection Lawsuit Prevention
- Poetic Injustice In The Pearl River Delta
- Offshore Financial Centers Ireland
- Panama Comfort Zone
- Isle Of Man No Tax Zone
- TrustMakers Forms Center
- TrustMakers Site Map
Learn more about protecting your assets with these articles:
If you are looking for the most important concepts in Asset Protection, this is where to start! If you need to talk intelligently about protecting your net worth or you are a professional this online training program is for you!
Get our Free Online Asset Protection Video Course.
Learn how to protect yourself like the pros!
Clear, concise and straight forward, this e-Book will help you make sound decisions with your business and personal assets..
This e-course will give you straight forward asset protection advice you can implement now. One of the best asset protection courses available! Includes 70+ video lessons, 3 Ebooks, and 6 example legal documents!
The key to a solid Asset Protection Plan is the Estate Plan. This downloadable estate organizer will help you keep track of important information about your assets and important legal documents all in one place.