Isle of Man - No Tax Zone
A recent decision by the Isle of Man that would abolish corporation taxes was praised by a senior UK economist. However, he warned that the initial drop in revenue would not be completely replaced by new tax generating business.
The chief economist of the Royal Bank of Scotland's was complementary about the Island's decision to reduce corporation tax to zero per cent, and he stated that the Isle of Man was much better placed than other offshore locations to cope with lower corporation tax revenue. But he did issue a warning that, despite economic theories to the contrary, extra business activity would not fully replace an estimated £23 million per annum losses in tax revenue.
'Obviously the Isle of Man is anticipating that as it takes tax down, it will bring some increase from other tax sources. I don't think it will fully compensate for tax revenue losses as I am not one of those who believe that if you lower tax you will double revenue. I do know that the Treasury Minister will keep a close handle on public expenditure, and that there will be a natural increase in some revenue streams.' the economist stated.
The Manx government is committed to implement the zero tax regime by 2006 in line with European Union tax package initiatives. The island's Treasury also aims to strengthen the Island's international standing by complying with European standards.
The current economic strategy document states: 'The tax strategy is designed to secure the future economic well-being of the Island's community by sharpening the competitive edge of companies, helping to restructure the economy and meeting changing international standards.'
The Bank of Scotlandís economist has further advised the Isle of Man on how to combat the trend in the UK for offshoring. Since many businesses are relocating their manufacturing or service-based activities to cheaper countries, such as India and China, he advocated that companies being undercut by offshoring competitors should differentiate themselves through value and specialism rather than cost.
'The lesson for the Island and the UK is to try to compete on value rather than the cost chain. It adds to the challenges but, whether it be service or manufacturing, it has to work with these low-cost regions and to keep the value- added element,í he added.
OFFSHORE ASSET PROTECTION
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Italy
- Offshore Cayman Islands
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Ecuador
- Asset Protection Nsa Spying
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries France
- Offshore Pensions And Taxes
- IRS Abusive Trusts
- Panama Region
- Tax Avoidance Vehicles
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Honduras
- Asset Protection Guernsey Taxes
- Asset Protection Panama Foundations
- Asset Protection Identity Theft
- Offshore And Alternative Investments
- Offhshore Banking Privacy
- Asset Protection Privacy
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust
- Bahamas Information
- Asset Protection Expatriation
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Panama1
- Asset Protection Taxing Expats
- Asset Protection Taxing Foreign Stock
- Asset Protection Flat Tax For Puerto Rico
- Asset Protection Location Of Your Company
- Asset Protection Caribbean Tax Havens
- Asset Protection Renunciation
- Asset Protection Offshore Definition
- Asset Protection Panama
- Family Limited Partnerships Tax
- Boats Asset Protection
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Ireland
- Taxation Foreign Corporations
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Mexico
- Asset Protection Offshore Liechtenstein
- Private Annuity Ruling Irs
- Asset Protection Hong Kong
- Assetprotection Trusts
- Asset Protection Faq
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust
- Panama Canal Zone
- Asset Protection Laundering
- Going Offshore
- Offshore Asset Protection
- Dynasty Trust The Basics
- Offshore Asset Protection Planning
- Secret Bank Accounts
- Asset Protection Police
- Asset Protection Guernsey
- Asset Protection Second Passport
- Asset Protection Tax Summaries Nicaragua
- Asset Protection Scam Trusts
- Nevis Offshore Financial Center
- Asset Protection Using Offshore Trusts
- Probate And Revocable Trusts
- Asset Protection Lawsuit Prevention
- Poetic Injustice In The Pearl River Delta
- Offshore Financial Centers Ireland
- Panama Comfort Zone
- ISLE OF MAN NO TAX ZONE
- TrustMakers Forms Center
- TrustMakers Site Map
Learn more about protecting your assets with these articles:
If you are looking for the most important concepts in Asset Protection, this is where to start! If you need to talk intelligently about protecting your net worth or you are a professional this online training program is for you!
Get our Free Online Asset Protection Video Course.
Learn how to protect yourself like the pros!
Clear, concise and straight forward, this e-Book will help you make sound decisions with your business and personal assets..
This e-course will give you straight forward asset protection advice you can implement now. One of the best asset protection courses available! Includes 70+ video lessons, 3 Ebooks, and 6 example legal documents!
The key to a solid Asset Protection Plan is the Estate Plan. This downloadable estate organizer will help you keep track of important information about your assets and important legal documents all in one place.