Five Convicted of Tax Evasion and Abusive Trust Schemes
Five persons associated with Innovative Financial Consultants, also known as IFC, were convicted in Phoenix, Arizona on June 29, 2006. IFC Consultants were sentenced for promoting abusive trusts and tax evasion that caused a reported loss of up to &7M. Sentence were,
• Dennis Poseley was sentenced to 84 months in prison and fined $175,000 for conspiracy to defraud the government and willful failure to file tax returns;
• Patricia Ensign was sentenced to 18 months in prison and fined $100,000 for willful failure to file tax returns;
• David Trepas was sentenced to 60 months in prison for defrauding the government and willful failure to file tax returns;
• Rachel McElhinney was sentenced to 16 months in prison for willful failure to file tax returns;
• Keith Priest was sentenced to 18 months in prison for willful failure to file tax returns.
Two people were acquitted on other charges and the jury was not able to reach a verdict as to the conspiracy charge against McElhinney.Government evidence provided that the defendants had sole over 2,000 “pure trusts’ and claimed falsely that these trusts could legally dodge taxes by placing all income and assets into them. There was a reported “onshore plan” and an “offshore plan.” The evidence revealed that the defendants charged IFC customers approximately $10,500 for the offshore trust package and approximately $4,154 for the onshore trust package. Trial evidence showed that IFC was a prominent vendor with the Institute of Global Prosperity (IGP). At offshore seminars hosted by IGP, defendant Dennis Poseley promoted IFC's trust schemes to thousands of people.
ASSET PROTECTION SCAMS
- Attorney And Client Indicted
- Corporation Sole Tax Scams
- Trust Promoters Convicted Of Tax Crimes 2006
- Illegal Spamming And Stock Fraud
- Dentist Sentenced To Prison
- What Do Mutual Funds Really Charge
- Cybercrimes; The Clawback
- Cyber Crime Date March 30 2008
- The Offshore Money Man Sentenced
- February 22 2008 Flagstaff Arizona U.S
- High Yield Investment Schemes January 8 2008
- IRS Warns Of Scams That YOU May Encounter
- FIVE CONVICTED OF TAX EVASION AND ABUSIVE TRUST SCHEMES
- Cybercrime What Is A Botherder
- TrustMakers Forms Center
- TrustMakers Site Map
Learn more about protecting your assets with these articles:
If you are looking for the most important concepts in Asset Protection, this is where to start! If you need to talk intelligently about protecting your net worth or you are a professional this online training program is for you!
Get our Free Online Asset Protection Video Course.
Learn how to protect yourself like the pros!
Clear, concise and straight forward, this e-Book will help you make sound decisions with your business and personal assets..
This e-course will give you straight forward asset protection advice you can implement now. One of the best asset protection courses available! Includes 70+ video lessons, 3 Ebooks, and 6 example legal documents!
The key to a solid Asset Protection Plan is the Estate Plan. This downloadable estate organizer will help you keep track of important information about your assets and important legal documents all in one place.